How would you sew on these yo-yo's???

Judi

Here is what I am doing. I have a really sweet piece of Dark Purple Chennille for the backing, then a Dream Wool Batting, and this Minkee (sp?) on the top.

I have quilted a 4" grid all over this with the water soluble thread - 5" on the edges to allow for binding - which will be a flannel I think....

Now how to add the yo-yo's??? I was seeing in my minds-eye doing it by hand and using a buttonhole stitch and dark purple pearl cotton DMC floss/thread. After quilting this and feeling how thick it is - I am re-thinking this! I want to center each yo-yo in the 4" squares, then disolve the quilting thread away.

I think using my DSM would work better than trying to attach them using my LA.... any thoughts or ideas please........

I sew yoyos on by placing a 2 hole button on top of each one and zigzag on zero stitch length on the DSM. You need to check the swing of the zigzag before you sew so you don't hit the button. I have Husqvarnas and this is quite easy... I also FIX and STOP on each button. It is pretty speedy and well secured.

Archived