I Spy squares for sale - SOLD

I have collected LOTS of different fabrics for I Spy quilts over the years, I actually have hundreds!!

Anyway, whenever I go through my stash to cut squares for a new one, I try to cut a couple extra sets to sell. I’ve sold them on eBay, at the quilt shop, etc in the past. It can be a good deal because believe me, collecting all the fabrics, sorting, pressing, and cutting them is hours of work and $. I usually cut them 4” square because that seems to be a good size for the scale of most prints. I also try to center the image as much as possible (fussy cut) so that even after sewn together you can see as much of the image as possible. After the ¼” seam allowance and they are all sewn together the finished square size is 3 ½” by 3 ½”. If you have 169 and sew up 13 rows of 13 squares the quilt will be about 45” by 45”. If you add about 145 solid or coordinating 4” squares and alternate them with 145 “I Spy” squares you will get 17 rows of 17 squares which will make the finished quilt size about 60” by 60”. You can also arrange the I Spy squares in various other designs or use 290-324 I Spy squares and sew up rows without anything in between. You can also add a border to the quilt all around and embroider “I Spy with My Little Eye . . . “ or whatever you want to in it.

I’m not sure if any of you are interested in buying these or not, I sell them for about $25 for 175 (plus a few extras) or all 300+ for $50 (shown in the photos) which is less than .15 ea. (+shipping of course) – if you bought the fabrics yourself, it would be about $8-10 per yard of which you could cut approximately 60-80 squares (depending on the design size) and you would have the cutting time and lots of leftover. I include a couple extra’s because someone might not like all the ones I do and I also include some solid colors because those add “fun” to the quilt too! I do have some rare fabrics included and of course you can add your own.

Let me know if you're interested or know anyone who may be before I put them on ebay.

Archived