Ok you QZ users

Front Porch Quilting

When using the cross hatch on the QZ (which I am loving by the way) what is your favorite way to start and stop if the area is bigger than the template area? How are you making sure all is lined up and how do you keep from making it look like you stop all in the same place? Small areas work great just wondering about the bigger areas???:o

Roxanne,

the cross hatching template is my favorite. OK how big of an area are you trying to fill? Normally I try to fit it around a motif or something so that an area isn't bigger than the template. If you stop with your needle down then you should be able to loosen the arm and reposition so that you can fit. I hope that makes sense. I normally travel in a seam or around a design to the next area.

I think, I would just try the CH on a practice piece and see how the lines meet up if you stop and advance the templateI hate to think of all the ends you'd have to knot and bury, but you just might get the two lock stitches showing as darker stitches.

Maybe Linda or Adam would have an idea what to do.. unless you get another board so you could go further on the quilt and leapfrog to the next area to start again.. I think (thats a dangerous thing for me to do now) ;o)), you would be able to do longer rows that way..

another question to ask Linda & Adam..

Rita

Archived