Help With "On" Button on Handle

nhintsa

Hi. I am looking for some help (please feel free to offer "operator error" suggestions in addition to technical advice). The blue "On" button on the right handle (from the front) is not working at all. It doesn't work from the front or rear handles. The lights on top don't stay on once I let go off the button. Everything else appears to be working on handles except the "On" blue button. I have read thru the Help section and looked in the manaul, I have jiggled wiring and replugged connectors, toggled thru with and without command buttons, handwheel turns easily, turned machine on and off again. etc. I have had the machine a number of years with no problems whatsoevr. My problem sounds very much like Shannon's posted on 1/31/2010 regarding her Freedom (I have the Millennium): http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=20341&page=1#pid244547

Thank you very much and hope your weekend is going great.

Nancy

Heidi-Thanks. I think I will have to call AMy on Monday.

Yvette-I don't think switching the handles will work as the "On" button is not working from the back handle either.

Just my luck, I have a quilt loaded and almost finished when this happened. It is a comfort quilt for BIL who has been ill for some time, is now getting radiation treatments out of town for a week at a time. The raditation is making him extrmely tired and I thought a quit with get well wishes from friends and family would be a nice cuddle quit for him.

Nancy

Millennium

Sometimes it is as simple as popping the little row of lights on top off and switching it with the other set. Of course that is on my Millie...mine is a 2004. If it is newer those lights may be a built in feature...I know there have been a lot of changes on the Millie since I bought mine.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to take the cover off and peek "under the hood" and see if I can "adjust" anything.

Fabric007 - I will see if I can swap the switch for the "ON" with something else like for the channel lock or thread cutter as I don't have any extra switches on hand (note to self). ??

Mary Beth- mine is about a 1997 with a couple if upgrades along the way -channel locks, wheels, Circle Lord, etc. I think we probably have similar light set-up-I will see if I can change one side for the other.

I am the second owner and only quilt for myself. The previous owner used it in her business and put most of the miles on her and maintained it very well. I have been lucky and really haven't to do anything other than the routine maintenance.

Something good came out of this problem-while digging around for extra parts, I came across a bag with the rubber tubing for the on-board bobbin winder. I had rigged it with tape and it wasn't working too well.

Nancy

Millennium

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would update my question for help. Turns out it was the circuit board(s). Two different circuits which were able to be repaired. The boards are in the mail and maybe I will finish this quilt this weekend. Thanks for your suggestions.

Nancy

Millennium:)

All is good! I reinstalled the circuit boards. My chirping was gone as was my stitch regulator but only from front to back. I checked and re-checked the encoder wheels; swapped cables from one encoder to the other-same problem it just switched which direction was working. Called Christy, she said to check the pins in the daughter board (the smaller one). It wasn't that but as soon as I looked around, I saw I was one set of pin holes off on one of the green connectors on the left side (from the rear of the machine).

Thanks Christy for the great service!

Nancy :D

2000 Millennium

Archived