Quiltazoid at MQS??

mswings

Originally posted by hmerrill

Have fun! I so wish I were there and not a work!!!! I'm really working on keeping my mouth shut because it has been a horrible week and if I open it I'm going ot end up fired! I just keep repeating to myself, "surgery take me away!"

i'm glad to hear you say you wish you were there. i was feeling like a spoiled brat cuz i did get to go to mqx - but i still want to be at mqs. i know i'm being bratty - its nice to know i'm not the only one. ;)

ps - work must really stink if you are looking forward to surgery. :(

Heidi, Linda and Adam say Hello:):):) I am really impressed with their product. I will buy it as soon as my DH is employed again. They are really having a great deal at MQS. I am flying down to New Orleans to see my daughter graduate from Tulane so money is a little tight right now. I am glad I was able to see the QZ up close and personal:cool: It will definitly be on my "must have " list. It really looks easy to use. What kind of surgery are you having done? I hope it doesn't interfere with your beautiful quilting;););) I loved seeing your QZ sampler!

Originally posted by mswings

Heidi, Linda and Adam say Hello:):):) I am really impressed with their product. I will buy it as soon as my DH is employed again. They are really having a great deal at MQS. I am flying down to New Orleans to see my daughter graduate from Tulane so money is a little tight right now. I am glad I was able to see the QZ up close and personal:cool: It will definitly be on my "must have " list. It really looks easy to use. What kind of surgery are you having done? I hope it doesn't interfere with your beautiful quilting;););) I loved seeing your QZ sampler!

you wont be sorry...i love mine. its way better at quilting than i am! ;)

Virginia I had no doubt they would do good! The product is so well made and so easy to use. I'm glad you got to see my sampler up close...LOL I think!

I'm having surgery on my foot tomorrow. I'm actually sort of looking forward to 2 days in bed! I've worked 4 13 hour days just for my day job and I'm really exhausted!

Originally posted by meg

Have fun! I so wish I were there and not a work!!!! I'm really working on keeping my mouth shut because it has been a horrible week and if I open it I'm going ot end up fired! I just keep repeating to myself, "surgery take me away!"

i'm glad to hear you say you wish you were there. i was feeling like a spoiled brat cuz i did get to go to mqx - but i still want to be at mqs. i know i'm being bratty - its nice to know i'm not the only one. ;)

Takes one to know one!!!:P:P:P:P Work has been absolutely miserable this week. We had a huge event on a Monday...never a good thing but with engineers thinking that they can wait to the 11th hour for everything even worse! We had 51 posters to be set and demonstrations in a room that probably was better suited for 40 posters. Not to mention the 2 bars and appetizers and then lets not forget the big robot that showed up that probably neeed at least a 10 ft sq room by itself and they had alotted a 3 ft section of a 6 ft table! Their solution was to put the ramp in front of the only bathrooms and coatroom and run the robot, which looked more like a little car type thing, back and forth across the walkway of the entrance! Really? NOT! I ended up making room for them in the lobby of the hotel and I'm sure the hotel staff was thrilled to hear the thing falling off the ramp constantly and crashing on their marble floor. One of my friends that deals with this professor asked me if the thing went out of control and broke to pieces? LOL that would have put me over the edge! The worst part was that my boss and the marketing person here knew about it and failed to tell me so I could make sure it was in the plan, then had the nerve to yell at me because I wasn't transparent to the professor that we had a place for them! He got there late and I had 180 people that we were supposed to be greeting...nope I was not transparent! Some days I'd like to strangle them!

Originally posted by meg

Takes one to know one!!!:P:P:P:P Work has been absolutely miserable this week. We had a huge event on a Monday...never a good thing but with engineers thinking that they can wait to the 11th hour for everything even worse! We had 51 posters to be set and demonstrations in a room that probably was better suited for 40 posters. Not to mention the 2 bars and appetizers and then lets not forget the big robot that showed up that probably neeed at least a 10 ft sq room by itself and they had alotted a 3 ft section of a 6 ft table! Their solution was to put the ramp in front of the only bathrooms and coatroom and run the robot, which looked more like a little car type thing, back and forth across the walkway of the entrance! Really? NOT! I ended up making room for them in the lobby of the hotel and I'm sure the hotel staff was thrilled to hear the thing falling off the ramp constantly and crashing on their marble floor. One of my friends that deals with this professor asked me if the thing went out of control and broke to pieces? LOL that would have put me over the edge! The worst part was that my boss and the marketing person here knew about it and failed to tell me so I could make sure it was in the plan, then had the nerve to yell at me because I wasn't transparent to the professor that we had a place for them! He got there late and I had 180 people that we were supposed to be greeting...nope I was not transparent! Some days I'd like to strangle them!

and now i see why a few days off - even if you need to have surgery to get it - are welcomed. sheesh - how do you do it? i was in a tizzy yesterday cause i had to rip for an hour and a half! no more complaining for meg.

hope all goes well for you tomorrow. keep us posted. and dont forget to charge up and bring all those computers with you to bed!! i'll be sending good thoughts for you tomorrow.

Meg,

thanks for the sympathy. Some days they just make me nuts. I'm not a super planner and have no problems doing things on the fly but when you are trying to showcase what your center can do and you have 180 guests coming you just have to be organized. This year was worse. They kept getting all exciting in the morning because they got another last minute registration! It was super frustrating but then to get reemed out really got me. I'm glad work is over for the day...well for the week. I have no doubt that I will be working from home next week but I'll only do the bare minimum. Surgery isn't until 11:30 tomorrow :mad::mad::mad: so I'm sure I'll end up with a headache. I can have water up until 8:30 so I think I'll just have my black water (coffee). I'll keep you posted.

Heidi, have your ears been burning the last couple of days? Been talking to Linda and Adam at MQS and we were talking all good about you! Best of luck on the surgery and hope it relieves your pains. Your quilts were beautiful and congratulations!

Wow Heidi..it does sound like surgery is the better alternative;););) I would have blown my top if someone at work treated me that way! It would be good to be away for a while after that experience. Hope all goes well with your foot surgery. Hopefully you'll be able to come to MQS next year. I would have liked to stay in KC but couldn't miss graduation. Ahhh next year will be here before I know it. Then I'll have more time for classes and shopping:D

Originally posted by CindyT

Heidi, have your ears been burning the last couple of days? Been talking to Linda and Adam at MQS and we were talking all good about you! Best of luck on the surgery and hope it relieves your pains. Your quilts were beautiful and congratulations!

Cindy thank you so much! I so wish I had been at MQS instead. I can't wait to meet Adam and Linda in person. They have been so wonderful to work with. I'm so glad you like my quilts too. I love when other people get enjoyment out of them!

Wow Heidi..it does sound like surgery is the better alternative;););) I would have blown my top if someone at work treated me that way!

Virginia - there are days when they are fine and then I have a day like this and wonder why I even try. I'd love to have things blow up in their face just once but then that would somehow mean I failed to pull it off which is not something I can deal with well! I will always make it work but boy it sure could be a lot less frenzied and stressful. To get talked to that way after working so hard is just plain annoying and I told them they could look in the mirror and blame themselves because they knew. Oh well we'll probably have the same battle next year. They do everything last minute and by the seat of their pants.

Virgina yes I think we did a great job setting it all up and they haven't got a clue and won't ever have a clue unless my assistant and I call in and make them handle it all. Everybody was laughing because my boss was making copies and I got reports back at how hard it was for him. All I ever hear is "thats easy." I never said it was hard it is just time consuming.

Archived