Pellon Legacy Batting

Well I decided to become a Long Arm Distributor for Pellon Legacy for Pennsylvania. I'm putting together my first order this weekend and also getting my website professionally revamped for my long arm/memory quilt business and now Legacy distributor from Danemco (thanks Superior Threads for recommending them!)

HD Wilbanks is a great guy, knows his stuff and will take time out of his busy day to really explain things to you!

I'm really excited to be a part of this company and use their battings for my own business and for others to use!;):P:cool::P:cool:;):cool:

Roseann M. Noll

Elysburg, PA

Phoenix Rose Quilts

http://www.phoenixrosequilts.com

Thanks all! I'm sure I will learn more as I do this.

I really like the samples that I quilted up. I'm going to do more larger quilts with various battings on my Millie.

The Legacy cotton is similar to QD 100% cotton, but only one thickness. The 80/20 blend is similar to Hobb's 80/20, not quite as much loft, but much more consistent and SOFT (not scratchy!). Their Bamboo blend is very soft with a nice loft and the Wool is really nice!

One thing that this company is doing is providing alot of their battings on boards (similar to fabric bolts) in 9 yds or 15 yds. This makes for less storage space than rolls and pretty economical (one 9 yd board will allow for 3 queen quilts). Also they're setting up LA distributors in each state to save customers money by cutting down on shipping costs.

I'll post more about their battings as I use them! It make take awhile since they have 15 different battings presently!:):cool::):cool::D:P

Roseann M. Noll

Elysburg, PA 17824

Phoenix Rose Quilts

http://www.phoenixrosequilts.com

I've used Legacy for over a year now. Just finished my 2nd 30yd roll. I also offer my customers Hobbs 20/80. I prefer Legacy for my own quilts. I get as good or better quilt definition with the legacy, although out of the bag the Legacy feels a bit thinner than Hobbs. The Legacy washes up and drapes about the same as hobbs after washing, but it's much softer and drapes better than hobbs prior to washing.

Legacy also quilts much quiter than hobbs.

Terry

Archived