question about turning quilt

Hi all! I started a quilt last night. got the top border done and then realized that for what I want to do with the quilt, it would be WAY easier to have the quilt on "sideways". Now, my quetion is , since I already have the top border quilted, it will not roll up on the bar, How should I do this? Should I go down the side borders before I turn it? I am just afraid of doing all the borders before I do the inside. thanks for the help! linda

Julie, I want to turn it BEFORE I quilt the middle. I figured it out after I started it. I will be continuing a line and a line of feathers all the way down, so instead of stitching then rolling and stitching and rolling several times, it will be easier to put it on sideways and just stitch sideways

Linda,

I think that if you try to turn it now before you nail down the rest you will be better off frogging what you've done and starting over. When I have quilts like this, I SID the border then stitch the top border. As I'm working my way down I pin the snott out of the side borders and do the inside of the quilt. When I finally reach the other bottom border I stitch that down and then finally remove and turn the quilt and do the side borders. Give me a call if you want to go over it in person.:)

Archived