My Large Sampler

Well I have one turn of the quilt and the couching of my RAZZLE DAZZLE and I'll be finished finally with this quilt.

This quilt was a challenge for me to say the least and not near as easy as I thought when I recieved it.

I loved it when I got it and was thrilled. After a month of working on it off and on due to very busy month at work and closing on our new home I can see the end finally.

I ending up quilting what I said I would't but it looks really good. It is super heavy quited with the exception of the outside border. The print is so busy that I had a heavier design and ended up plucking it out because it looked too thready.

I have alot to learn. That is for sure. I matched the thread on top and bottom but I would have rather used one color on the back but that's not what the customer wanted. I'm not that crazy about all the color changes on the back myself. It shows all my SINS. lol I usually like a clean textured back but it still looks ok.

My spiral rays aren't perfect but they look great. I hope my customer likes it. She's still patiently waiting.

Hi Claudia,

It is still on the machine but I will get some photos once I completely finished.

I hope your trip was good. I saw the photo of you in Greece. I love that picture. What a beautiful place. Probly because you were there. lol

Tammie -

Let me know how that couching works, I have read that many have no

problems what so ever, but I am still nervous to try it. I love my simple

prewounds - and to put the quilt up-side-down - Hello!

I do have a project I would like to use this on....... it is mine and just

hanging on my rack - I should just do it anyway!

P.S. Are you moved into the new place yet?

Hi Judi

I will begin the couching tonight. Very nervous but wow I think it will look just great.

I wish I was in my new space but we will begin painting this weekend and put in new flooring next week. We have to prime and paint ceiling to floor so its a big job. 14 x 45 plus closets and ceiling. WHOOO. Lots of work. Also put in my lighting and such.

I think I'm going with color. What do you think of a buttery yellow or light terra cotta almost peach? I really wanted an apple green (most people hate this color but I love it). Not sure how it would impair my lighting in the room. Although I have lots of windows, The patio has a 14 foot roof that extends outside my studio windows so not direct light but wow I can watch the birds, squirrels and my cats play. lol

I will be bored with just WHITE WHITE. Beside most of my furniture is white that will take up alot of wall space.

I am going to Quilt all my Cornices for the Windows of which there are 8 or ten big ones. My windows will be a showcase of quilting patterns. What a HOOT!!!! I want all my grand-children to like it so it will not be serious but charming. Beside I am a kid at heart. lol

I'll post photos of the quilt when I'm finished. I just hope my customer likes it.

Hi Tammie,

Boy your excitement is just spilling over into your post!! I wish you all the best in your move. We just did it in May and I am still unpacking and trying to find a place for everything. :D

If I were you I would paint the room a buttery yellow. It would brighten the room up without drowning everything else out. Ok so I am a bit partial to yellows, the color makes a room feel cheery and inviting. Good luck, and have fun.

Char

Archived