I really need help please

Hi Guys

im lost i dont know where to go

i watched dawns vidoe on needle flex and understand,but why would this happen now when i havent changed a thing. (so to say)

when standing in front of my machine going right to left and slightly pushing up im getting as per photo its like top tension is to loose ive tighten but it doesnt seem to make much difference.perfect one way but not the other. im using no 4 needle that ive been using every since i got my machine 2years ago.

ive slowed down loosen my layers tighten my upper tension checked my needle placement

please im at my wits end

Sharyn

post--13461904254717_thumb.jpg

Sharyn,

If the black fabric is backing, then you're going to have to tighten the top tension and also loosen the bobbin tension. It looks like the thread may be cotton, which can also increase that "pull" that happens to the needle when moving right to left. That needle gets pulled ahead of the hook point and doesn't have enough time to tug the bobbin into the quilt layers before it's time to take another stitch.

You also may be able to reduce the flex impact by:

1) loosening the quilt sandwich between the rollers

2) increasing the stitch length a bit (somewhere above 11--the longer the stitches, the more the needle flexes before taking each individual stitch

Don't be afraid to loosen the bobbin tension significantly...almost to the point of no tension. In fact, if you can "reverse" the issue and pull the bobbin thread to the quilt top, you're doing great! You'll also need to increase the top tension.

If you succeed in causing railroad tracks on the top of the quilt, then back the top tension off a bit until the thread lays down into the batting.

Hope this helps!

Archived