Need suggestions please

Do all the borders look like they have a serpentine row of flowers up the centre like the first photo does?

If so outline the flowers then piano key/crosshatch on the inside and then the outside edges.

Carolina lilies - I'd go with the stamen idea, then it could be in gold too. You could do green leaves off the non-existant stems into the cream background.

Lyn

Do all the borders look like they have a serpentine row of flowers up the centre like the first photo does?

If so outline the flowers then piano key/crosshatch on the inside and then the outside edges.

Carolina lilies - I'd go with the stamen idea, then it could be in gold too. You could do green leaves off the non-existant stems into the cream background.

Lyn

Sounds crazy but have you tried laying some thin lime green on the lily flowers? From the image here on the web, this might be a possible solution since green blends with so many colors and lime green isn't a dark thread. I'm always surprised by how well this color disappears into a print or a combination of colors. Good luck in finding a solution.

I suppose there is always copper metallic on the pinks and burgundies.

By squinting the border fabric seems to have a wave of light space. Twining feathers or leaves might look great. If you have some thin clear film plastic to lay over it and draw some twines, you could see if this could be a good solution with your other feathers.

Vicki

Sounds crazy but have you tried laying some thin lime green on the lily flowers? From the image here on the web, this might be a possible solution since green blends with so many colors and lime green isn't a dark thread. I'm always surprised by how well this color disappears into a print or a combination of colors. Good luck in finding a solution.

I suppose there is always copper metallic on the pinks and burgundies.

By squinting the border fabric seems to have a wave of light space. Twining feathers or leaves might look great. If you have some thin clear film plastic to lay over it and draw some twines, you could see if this could be a good solution with your other feathers.

Vicki

Archived