New Millennium Set-up Questions

Just got my Mill. yesterday. Not thrilled yet. Mine has the new legs...direction book was for old legs...overhead wiring set-up--just guessed...didn't match at all...put overhead wiring up prior to motorized feed because it came first in the book. (figured it was in order). Bad mistake, had to take it all down to try to attempt to put on motorized feed. Hey, isn't it supposed to have a place for batting underneath (or is that an A-1 or Gammill?).

Don't get the coiled cord and straight cord for overhead wiring. No picture in direction book for that.

Anyhow, wasn't running very well so I tweaked the wheels, waxed the rails and made as many adjustment as I could before pulling my hair out.

Any ideas?

I've had my new Mille one week today. I was lucky enough for them to deliver it and set it up for me though. I, too, got the new legs and asked the same questions about the batting being held underneath. I was told that the new legs don't do that. I think, not for sure, but that he told me that not that many people used it. As for the wheel adjustment, he had to just adjust mine slightly. I haven't waxed the rails yet. I do think that my wheels need a slight adjustment still, it's a little hard to move in a circular motion. I only have the straight cord instead of the coiled one and no overhead wiring. I got frustrated at things, but it got easier as I took a little breather from it. I haven't gotten to sew since the weekend and am looking forward to it. Best of luck!!

Kelly

I feel your pain! I remember when I got my first APQS machine and I really didn't know anything about it. I would get so frustrated. It really will all seem so much easier after a week or 10 days so relax, walk away and I promise it will get better and easier each day.

As far as adjusting the wheels, my advice is figure out how to do it. It isn't hard and you really need to know. I had my DH do all my adjusting and he'd mess with it and then he'd go to work and I'd fight with it and then when he'd come home, I'd have him do more adjustments. Finally I took the bull by the horns and did it myself so now I can get it perfect and keep it there.

Good luck to all you newbies! It is so much fun . . do not get frustrated!!

My cousin set up my Mill. We followed the video and checked the manual now and then. We ran into a few problems, but it went pretty smoothly. I had to adjust the wheels a bit to get the machine to move smoothly. I also loosend the strut bolts just a little as I found it a little tough to move in a circular motion.

Judy

"frusterated"

We are very sorry to hear about everything that is upsetting you!! I will get you the right manuel and a different cord.. I think what happened with our manuels, was that we send them out early and some of them didn't get switched over to the new tables.. If anyone has run into this problem, let us know right away and we will get you a new one!!!

APQS is really sorry about things like this happening, and we will do our very best to make things right with any and all of you who have experienced problems.

I know it is hard, be patient and give us a chance to fix things!!!

Connie Hurst

APQS Service Mgr/Tech.

800-426-7233 ext.6

Just to clarify, when I got my first APQS machine, I was not frustrated with APQS . . it was just so much to know and learn and I'd had an old shortarm and thought I would hit the deck running and I did have a learning curve.

APQS was great and answered all my questions. I'm sure they wanted to tell me to calm down and take my time and stop calling!

I have had few problems with my machines through the years but APQS has been more than wonderful in making things right so, as Connie said . . give them a chance and they will solve ALL your problems!! :)

Archived