Need quilting advice

Thanks for the picture Bonnie!

I am not much of a help here, but this is what I see......................

It is an under/over quilt (herringbone - basket weave), so high contrasting thread and work the design in a weaving manner in the different stripey squares following the diagonal "rows". Could be some type of feather, either traditional or round type ferny to keep the design soft. To me the striped blocks running from bottom right to top left seem to lie on top of the stripes heading from bottom left to top right. (I am blonde and this makes perfect sense to me! ;):cool:)

I would outline the flowers and push them forward by heavy backgound stitching behind them (stipple. McTavishing etc).

Piano keys in the Border or maybe cross hatching or basket weave lines, to keep the under/ over feel.

We need our super stars to comment here.......... Heidi, Doddlebug, Shana etc......... where are you in Nora's hour of need? :):cool:

Cheers,

Thanks for the picture Bonnie!

I am not much of a help here, but this is what I see......................

It is an under/over quilt (herringbone - basket weave), so high contrasting thread and work the design in a weaving manner in the different stripey squares following the diagonal "rows". Could be some type of feather, either traditional or round type ferny to keep the design soft. To me the striped blocks running from bottom right to top left seem to lie on top of the stripes heading from bottom left to top right. (I am blonde and this makes perfect sense to me! ;):cool:)

I would outline the flowers and push them forward by heavy backgound stitching behind them (stipple. McTavishing etc).

Piano keys in the Border or maybe cross hatching or basket weave lines, to keep the under/ over feel.

We need our super stars to comment here.......... Heidi, Doddlebug, Shana etc......... where are you in Nora's hour of need? :):cool:

Cheers,

Archived