NQR-Wow-It's been awhile!! Question on cloth diapers too.....

I did like Sandra with both my children. Why, my kids were allergic to the wonderful smell in the disposable diapers. In a pinch I'd use the cheap ones from the dollar store since they had no good smell but they fell to pieces. The flat ones were the best as they grew with the kids. One thing I did was layer two and sew them together so they would absorb more. When used, I'd soak the cloth diapers in vinegar like Kristina and that helped tons. I had to bleach and then double rinse do to allergies. Oxygen bleach really helps get out the yellow stains.

I used the gauze diapers 30 years ago for the first 4 kids. 4 dozen went through all four. The fifth child came 6 years after the 4th, and she kept breaking out in the cloth so we did use disposable. The others cleared up from rashes in a day or two by putting them in disposable, so even the same family genetics can be different with kids. Now my girls use the shell covers with the inserts and they have worked well. But there will be explosions with either kind, we each have cleaned up them all!

Let us know what you find, and have a fun time getting it all ready.

I used the gauze diapers 30 years ago for the first 4 kids. 4 dozen went through all four. The fifth child came 6 years after the 4th, and she kept breaking out in the cloth so we did use disposable. The others cleared up from rashes in a day or two by putting them in disposable, so even the same family genetics can be different with kids. Now my girls use the shell covers with the inserts and they have worked well. But there will be explosions with either kind, we each have cleaned up them all!

Let us know what you find, and have a fun time getting it all ready.

I bought some prefolds off of ebay...(they are used but that doesn't both me...all kids poop the same right?! lol!) And I try to use the motto..."Buy gently used and save the difference" So I will give them a good washing/disinfecting....And I will continue to do some research on the covers...I may make a few AIO diapers just to see if I like them as well..thanks for all your great advice and tips...who would think cloth diapers would have so many options!! lol!

I bought some prefolds off of ebay...(they are used but that doesn't both me...all kids poop the same right?! lol!) And I try to use the motto..."Buy gently used and save the difference" So I will give them a good washing/disinfecting....And I will continue to do some research on the covers...I may make a few AIO diapers just to see if I like them as well..thanks for all your great advice and tips...who would think cloth diapers would have so many options!! lol!

Archived