thread cutter problem

I have had this problem for a while. I cut my thread and sometimes it does not cut it or it shreads it and when I try to bring up the bobbin thread it wraps around the stitch making part of the case. I have tried cuttin right when I stop quilting,I have tried moving to machine away and then cutting. nothing seems to fix it. I have adjusted my thread cutter blades. I am using metro on top and magna glide in the bobbin. Any one know how to fix this it is making me crazy.

Nora

I have had this problem for a while. I cut my thread and sometimes it does not cut it or it shreads it and when I try to bring up the bobbin thread it wraps around the stitch making part of the case. I have tried cuttin right when I stop quilting,I have tried moving to machine away and then cutting. nothing seems to fix it. I have adjusted my thread cutter blades. I am using metro on top and magna glide in the bobbin. Any one know how to fix this it is making me crazy.

Nora

I blow out my thread cutter with the nozzle of my air compressor. Works good to get all the fluff and goo out of there. Every so often, I unscrew the blades and clean underneath to get any other goo and fluf that is stuck in there. You'd be amazed what you find when you lift things up and look underneath! (ask me why I know this) :D

I blow out my thread cutter with the nozzle of my air compressor. Works good to get all the fluff and goo out of there. Every so often, I unscrew the blades and clean underneath to get any other goo and fluf that is stuck in there. You'd be amazed what you find when you lift things up and look underneath! (ask me why I know this) :D

Nora,

There was a thread a couple of months ago with a similar problem. The bobbin thread would not pull up through the thread plate when trying to bring it up to begin stitching. The bobbin had to be removed and replaced. I don't remember who started it but she had noticed that the problem was when she was using Magna Glide bobbins. Do you have the same problem with a regular bobbin and a different thread?

Sue

Nora,

There was a thread a couple of months ago with a similar problem. The bobbin thread would not pull up through the thread plate when trying to bring it up to begin stitching. The bobbin had to be removed and replaced. I don't remember who started it but she had noticed that the problem was when she was using Magna Glide bobbins. Do you have the same problem with a regular bobbin and a different thread?

Sue

Archived