Hartley spools and IQ

Hi everyone, I ordered the harley spool holders and now as I contemplate attaching them.... since I have the IQ installed on my Mollie and don't want to learn the hard way.... Is there anything I should know about attaching these with an IQ? Loads of thanks for the help!

I have the horizontal spool holder on my Mille with my IQ and it works just fine. The big bummer for me was that the IQ blocks access to the top laser post so I have no where to hang my scissors anymore. I love my IQ so it is a small price to pay but I still haven't figured out where to stash my snips now. :)

After I poked my booby with my bend-tipped embroidery scissors attached to a zinger, I also started parking mine on the laser spindle.

If you are used to reaching for them there, get a Command hook (adhesive-backed) and stick in a convenient spot on the top or side of your machine.

:cool:

Oh, do I ever get sidetracked??!! I wanted to know how close I should attach the spools to the tread sensor... the little wheel that we take our thread around twice? Should I change anything about the thread path or should I do it exactly as it was before the spool holder was added? I clip my zinger thingy to my belt loop, not pinned to my shirt and also my clippers are blunt ended. I was afraid I would snip the fabric by mistake if I used sharp pointed, so far it's working.

Archived