back end of my carriage seems to be too loose

Marg Layton

We had to replace a bolt on the front left wheel on the carriage because it seemed to be stripped, and I was having difficulty pushing the machine on the x axis. Y axis wheels move a lot more easily.

My edgerider wheels seem to be okay, but I don't like the feel of the carriage. Now I have a lot of play in the carriage at the back. I can move it from side to side easily, yet the front of the carriage is feeling tight to me, and it is not very easy to push along the x axis.

Since I have a compuquilter attached to my Millie, I am afraid it is not going to stitch as accurately as I need it to.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this before I start my next quilt? I tried a practice run on a practice piece off to the side, and it seems to be stitching okay, but I do not like the way the back end is shifting around.

It took 3 of us to get it so that it is hopefully fixed. what a job! If we tightened the bolt too much, I could hardly move the machine from side to side. Okay when the machine is letting the CQ guide it, but forget it if I need to do SID or even try to do freehand.

We'll give it a try for a couple of days, and see how it goes. Setting these machines up is not for sissies!

Archived