Sandpoint, ID and Spokane, WA - Travel suggestions please

Hello all,

I am a relative newcomer to the group, but I've been reading your posts daily for a couple months now. So, hello from Calgary. :)

I am heading south from Calgary, Alberta, Canada to Sandpoint, ID and Spokane, WA (and surrounding areas). I thought I would tap into this wealth of knowledge for any "do not miss" sites. Both quilt shops and whatever you think I should see along the way. I leave Aug 13 in the morning, so I hope I've given you enough time to answer.

Thanks for your help!

Carol

Carol, there aren't any quilt shops left in Sandpoint, but the Ben Franklin store on the north side of town has an awesome selection of quilt fabrics. So does the Ben Franklin in Oldtown, Idaho, which is halfway between Sandpoint and Spokane.

A little further west from Oldtown, ID is a small quilt Shop, Cottage Quilting (www.cottagequiltshop.com), then there's a bevy of stores in Spokane.

If you need a place to stay between Sandpoint and Spokane, I have a guest room - and a quilting machine in the basement!:P We're right on your way through....

Archived