Hi Connie,

Can you please tell me if there is a new foot we can get for the Millennium which means we will not need to use the adaptor foot when using rulers and templates? I believe I have read about one for other APQS machines, but am not sure if it is available for the Milly. If so, what is the price, are they available now and how easy or hard is it to fit?

Thanks, Phyllis. :)

Phillis,

Yes there is a new foot available. It is a little spendy, however you will never have to replace it. So far the people who have them, seem to love them. they cost $137.50 not installed and $175.00 installed. They can be tricky to install, as you have to take off the hook assemble and loosen the collar behind it, so that you can slide the shaft in to allow the foot to come out. You just have to be careful not to slide the shaft to far back, or you will disengage the gears. If you are careful you will be fine. Once the new one is installed you will have to re-time your machine. I can walk you through changing the foot and give you more detail. We have had several people do it themselves with no problem. I do have some on hand here at the factory so if you are interested just give me a call.

Connie

Apqs

Hi Connie,

The price for having foot installed ($175) is that by shipping machine back to factory? Or, for some people, driving machine to factory??? Can a date be set to have this foot installed so that it can be a "while you wait" situation?

Sounds like I'd do anything to keep from retiming my machine doesn't it :D

Don't want to set a date yet, just curious!

By the time I pay $10.00 to put a sponsor's Ad. on the LongArm List, it wouldn't be worth it. I guess it's just another VERY expensive tool which it is hard to do without, but which very quickly gets made redundant by the introduction of a new must have tool. I wish the manufacturers would let us in on the new things they are working on! Sure would save us a lot of $s.

Phyllis :(

Phyllis,

I'm not sure what you mean about the 10.00 $, but anyway we certainly don't come out with newand improved items to rip you off. We made this new foot because of so many requests for a better foot. So we put the machineist to work and this is what he came up with. You do have to remember that it is a one time cost. You won't ever have to replace it. Also, think of it like this, every year a newer and better car comes out. They didn't tell us about it ahead of time, and if you want the latest and best, you have to buy it. It does cost to make the improvements.

Anyway, maybe if you look at it that way it won't seem so bad.. Let me know if you need anything.

Connie;)

• 2 weeks later...

My only real complaint about the adaptor is that it is harder to see my quilting when I am using the adaptor. I find seeing freehand work (while I'm quilting) is a lot easier without the adaptor.

Does the new foot solve this problem or will it be like having the adaptor on permanently?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi connie,

Long time, no speak! Can you please tell me the name and current price for the new foot we were discussing a while ago. I think I am ready to purchase now and can't find anything listed in the 'parts' section on the web site. Also can I order it on line, do you still have my C/C # on file? Thanks, Phyllis. :)

• 2 months later...

Installation of the new foot has been a challenge for me. I had significant problems getting the hook retaining finger out. I finally ended up drilling the screw out. I spent the first hour trying to to turn it counter-clockwise. When I called Connie the next day, she said it need to be clockwise. After two more hours, I finally charged up the battery on the drill and drilled completely through the head of the screw. It should have been counter-clockwise.

I got the new hopping foot it - thought I had the machine retimed (even ran it successfully for an hour). I went to oil the machine and while spinning of the oil, jammed and broke the needle - created a huge burr on the bobbin case. In retiming the machine it appears that there is too much play from the front to the back. So the needle is kissing when it is fully forward, but not when it is back. I'm guessing the collar isn't positioned properly. I can't find anything that says how to fix that particular problem. Any advice?

The other problem I know have is that the tension disk assembly will completely pop out if I go to loosen the tension. I know that it was securely in there before I screwed it out to take the side of the machine off. Do you know how to secure that?

This stuff is hard to do when you work regular hours and you can't call APQS while at your machine. When I purchased my machine they said they were planning to have a 24 hour help line sometime soon. I'm guessing they don't have enough volume to justify it - but it sure would be nice.

I'm now in hour 8 in changing my hopping foot. I'm glad I don't have a quilt that has to get done this week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 9 years later...

Archived