quilt with "cheater" panels

Customer's quilt is 2 x 2" multi print pastel blocks in irregular rows. Printed "cheater" blocks are irregularly spaced within the rows. ..some have 2 or three rows between panels some only have one row between the next panel. Has a real scrappy look. Any suggestions for a design?

It's free to post the picture here if you want. You can send it to us to post: apqs@apqs.com or find the "attachment" link at the very bottom of the post form...click the browse button and find the picture on your computer, then click "post reply" and the picture should upload into the forum.

Tad

APQS.com

When I get a quilt from a client, I try to give three quilting/pricing choices.

For this one, I would give a choice of overall meander maybe using yellow or mint or even pastel variegated thread.

Then I would give a panto price. Maybe daisy swirl? I love that panto and I see daisies on the quilt.

And, I'd give a custom price. From what I can see in the picture, if I were to custom quilt this, I'd SID around the squares and shapes in the printed squares. Like on the one that says "flowers are sown by God", I'd stitch around the flowers and the angel and then stitch around her apron. Using white thread, I'd stipple the background. Is that a green duck? I'd outline his shape and SID around his wing, then stipple the background.

In the borders around the blocks, maybe use a matching thread for each or the pastel variegated and do loops.

In the outer borders, maybe use yellow thread and do free motion daisies??

Just my thoughts . .

• 2 months later...

Archived