GETTING NEW MACHINE ON MONDAY

HELLOW EVERYONE IA HAVE BEEN READING THIS FORUM SINCE JANUARY AND EVERONE IS SO HELPFUL. I VISITED LINDAS STUDIO IN CORVALLIS WHEN I WAS ON VACATION AND WAS SO THRILLED I HAVE DREAMED OF HAVING A NEW MACHINE . WE HAVE HAD AN ANTIQUE A1 AND KENQUJILT HEAD FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF WITHOUT ANY INFORMATION SO THE LEARNING HAS BEEN BY TRIAL AND ERROR LOTS OF ERROR BUT ALSO LOTS OF LEARNING. ANYWAY THE NEW MILLENIUM GREEN ARRIVES ON MONDAY.

I AM SO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY WAIT. I ASK FOR THE MANUAL TO BE SENT AHEAD AS WE LLIVE IN ALASKA. THE INFORMATION IS SO WONDERFUL I WISH I HAD HAD SOMETHING SIMILAR WHEN WE GOT THE OLD MACHINE I WOULD HAVE LESS WHITE HAIR AND AL OT LESS HEAD ACHES.

THE IFORMATION IS SO READABLE AND UNDERSTANDABLE THAT I AM SO IMNPRESSED. THANKS TO WHO EVER WROTE THE BOOK. ANY WAY EVERONE THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP AND INFORMATION THAT IS POSTED EVERYDAY.

WOW

Hi Merry!

You are going to have the time of your life with your dream machine!! ;)

You have come a long way in your quilting endeavors & I am "sew" excited for you.

The new manual is the best, I had the opportunity to preview it while at the APQS Show room on Dawn's lap top. ;)

Please let us know how things go!

Hi Merry

I'm with you on the new manual - it covers everything in great detail and with lots of colour pictures.

Dawn Cavanagh wrote the manual - she did an excellent job.

Bet you are counting the sleeps until Monday - have fun.

Sue in Australia

• 2 weeks later...

HI EVERYONE: WE GOT THE NEW MACHINE UP AND GOING WOW WHAT A DREAM COME TRUE. I AM ALMOST APPREHENSIVE ABOOUT USING THIS MACHINE I HAVE DONE ALLOF THE PRCTICE STUFF AND AM WONDERING IF THERE IS AN EASY WAY TO BEGIN PANTOGRAPHS. AFTER HAVING A DINOSAUER TO USE FOR A YEAR AND A HALF THIS THING JUST FLY'S OVER THE FABRIC. SO THE FREEHAND STUFF WILL BE EASY BUT FOLLOWING A PATTERN IS NEW TO ME. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Hi Merry!

Just throw on some practice fabric & choose a nice open & flowing panto.

I like to stand to the left of the machine with both hands on the left handle. This steadies your right arm against your body for better control. Moving at a smoother faster & consistent pace is what you want to achieve. No death grip on the handles & remember to breathe, it always helps! :P

Looking ahead a bit of the laser light on your lines helps as well.

If you send me your home address, I will mail you additional info! :;)

Archived