I think I killed it

treeper

The needle fell out of my machine while I was sewing and broke. GRRR that has happened before but now my machine won't work.

It looks like the Hook Retaining Finger is hitting the Bobbin Basket and won't let it turn full circle. Do I just need to try and adjust the timing? and is that really hard to do?

Thanks

Teresa

Hi Teresa--the retaining finger is supposed to keep the basket from rotating. If you can't rotate the fly wheel one full rotation by hand, you will need to remove and reposition the hook assembly. Whether it needs to be replaced can be determined when you can get a good look at it. When the needle broke, it may have dinged or scratched the hook. Sometimes the scratch can be buffed out, sometimes not. Also, your needle bar may have jammed and need to be lowered.

Definitely call your Rep for guidance. There are great photos in the manual to guide you through re-timing, but someone holding your hand through the procedure will help with the anxiety!

Where are you located?

Teresa,

The hook retaining finger should actually hold the bobbin basket in place; the bobbin basket should not rotate. However, your hook may have slid on the hook shaft, causing the issue. Begin by going through the timing procedure outlined in the appendix of your manual step by step, starting with the needle depth.

If you have any questions, give us a call!

Archived