Wedding Ring Quilt top

I mentioned the other day that a quilt is being shipped to me from out of town and it is a wedding ring quilt.

I have not done a wedding ring quilt yet. I have been anxious to get one.

The customer informed me that the rings are one piece and not pieced with different fabrics so less seams I guess.

How would I go about quilting this area. As soon as it arrives (she's behind in completion) I will post a pick. It is in Black and white and the rings are black fabric with wedding pattern.

Just trying to get my ideas in place. This will be my final quilt for about a month or so until I get moved.

Also I will be doing the binding and well I must confess I haven't had to do round or curve binding for a customer yet. I know to cut on the bias when preparing. Any suggestions about the process would be appreciated. I'm going to be under a time constraint as I have only 4 days off and it will be due the 27th for a wedding shower. It should be here Tuesday or Wed.

Thanks everyone for putting up with me. lololol

Grammie

Hi Grammie

Hows your digitising coming along? I thought you could do joined loops in the curved piecing. (like "l"s and "e"s

Did you see that on the digitechpatterns website there is a wedding ring block design just posted in the last 24 hrs.

I have purchased a wedding ring set from sweetdreams too and it quilts beautifully. -

Sue Thank you so much for your reply. I have not been digitizing. Way too much going on.

I love the designs and I will be downloading them Monday when I have a day off from my job.

It was so generous of her. She has some really good stuff. I am really excited about them. I plan to have most of them. lol

I like Sweet Studios too. Sorry if my typing isn't great. I broke my glasses today and I can't see a thing so I'm typing with little sight. lolol Already took the contacts I hate out for the night. lololol Going to eye doctor Monday. I can't find my spares. lolol Oh and yes the Jess designs are really cool too.

Good thing I finished my last quilt two days ago but one is on the way Mon.

Thank you Teresa.

I won't be able to decide until I actually see it. lol

She is suppose to ship it Mon or Tues I understand. I was suppose to have it by now but she fell behind on completion.

I'm probly more nervous about doing the binding although I'm great at square quilts. I haven't done a curved binding yet but Hey it can't be that big a deal. I have read and looked so I think it will be fine just a first time for me. lol

Tammie,

As long as you do bias bindings as you mentioned, you will be just fine....and unless her scooped edges are really pointed at the jointed area you may not even need to worry about mitering the inside points. I've seen some scoops so loose its really like putting on flat bindings just a little bump in the road.

Archived