M&M wheel install question

Help,I'm installing m&m wheels on my 2007 Milli, I have a question about the head wheels, the instructions say there is (4) 1/4 inch spacers, however, in my pkg there weren't any new ones, am I to use the spacers currently on with the old wheels. the instructions say to discard the old spacers so I'm a little confused

thanks in advance

Danae,

Was there a parts "baggie" in the tube with your new wheels? Were all the rest of the parts (spacers, shims, etc.) in the red tube with the wheels? I've installed several sets of these and always found the right parts. If you didn't get the 1/4" spacers, you can get regular washers from the hardware store and combine them to get 1/4" - that would be faster than waiting for APQS to send you the parts.

the tube had everything in it that the intructions call for except the 4 1/4 in spacers, I thought maybe you would use the exsisting ones already on the machine. when working on the carraige wheels (front) the instructions didn't mention reusing the exsisting gold washer but after talking with Amy found out yes we were to use it

I just finished installing M&M wheel on my wife's Liberty. When installing the wheel on the rear carriage bar, opposite the encoder wheel, use the bolt that APQS says to discard in that wheel, it is a little longer. On the little rubber encoder wheel, remove it from the encoder shaft and flip it over, so the hub, with the set screws is is pointing down towards the encoder box. The instructions for the head wheels are good, no modifications needed. My wife says the machine is much smoother.

If you use Quilt E-Z boards the head is now raised enough that the boards no longer rub on the underside of carriage.

Archived