Fire Risk, Cautionary Warning...

Heads up, Folks!

I love the halogen snake lamp for my LA but it gets super hot as evident by numerous burns on my hand from accidently touching it, duh.

So, I'm doing some major frogging, skinning really & moved my light closer to my work. Within a few seconds, my ergo grip handle starts to smoke from the lamp being too close to it!! Thank goodness I was right there & moved it before anything really happened but what if I'd walked out of my LA room for something?

The heads up is to be careful with extra lighting & the heat it gives off.

I'm sure you are all much wiser than I, but it's a lesson I won't soon forget.

Yikes, Caren, that's a little too scary!! Thanks for sharing that information. Those lights are wonderfully bright, but hot as the dickens, aren't they!

How do you like that method of frogging? Did you take the quilt off the frame? I had taken mine off the frame when I had to skin it so I could sit down comfortably, as I had a fair amount to take out. LOL! (I never do anything in a small way!) ; ) Hope it works well for you.

Take care, my friend.......Linda

Well, Linda, I just came upstairs to get some silk thread & a little needle if that's an answer for ya ;) Actually, I left the quilt on the frame as it was a border I had to "skin" and it worked out quite well, only one small nick about the size of a lentle. I'm going to repair it as invisibly as possible. Wish me luck :)

Archived