Project request application

Help! Our guild is sinking under the good intentions of a few with numerous projects. Our incoming president agrees with me that we need prioritize and establish a "wish list" for all the organizations that would like our help. To do this, we would like to get the requests in writing and establish a format (form) for the requestor to complete. Does anyone else do this? Do you have a form you would share?

I don't have a form, nor does my Guild, but an application form could be made easily.

Name of organization

Non-profit # or document if applicable

Wish list for quilts (what size, what age group, and restrictions, such as will the quilts be laundered often--they may want poly batting, etc.) Other objects can be made as well--we donate placemats every fall to the local Meals on Wheels to be delivered with the holiday meals. It is a small and quick project and it is our third year of doing this.

Perhaps a paragraph about the group of people who are served by the charity and where the quilts will go--in your own town, state, overseas, to the local hospital, police, homeless shelter? This is a good question to ask to help when prioritizing the donations.

If you have small groups within your guild, let them make their own quilts and donate to their charity of choice. That makes for happy stitchers.

My guild has stopped taking requests from other organizations for quilts to raffle--we decided that fund-raising for other groups was a step farther than we wanted to go. We want to place the quilts in the hands of people who need and will use them, not use our resources to raise funds for however-needy other groups.

Our quild does not take on requests either. We do for who we feel needs the need. And we, as a group, decide who and what it will be. WE have done very honorable projects. A few years ago, we made and donated quilts to the HOME OF THE BRAVE project. I am not sure how many quilts were done, but a fair amount. Last year, we did a quilt for raffle to raise money for a local theater group. The money is being used to buy sewing supplies, sewing stations, repairs to machines etc..... The money was not turned over to the theater group to spend, the committee from the guild is in charge of the spending.

Spring of 2011, our guild is having a quilt show and we always do a quilt to raffle to raise money for our guild to use, for the future projects we might decide on.

We were being hit up by all sorts of people to make quilts for them to raffle to raise money. We were tired of it, and as a group put an end to it.

Archived