Slow tired happy dance

I got back from the festival of quilts at the NEC on Sunday, but I am only just starteing to get my act together. I am surprised how tired I am.

Anyway I wanted to share dome good news, my nudes came second in the pictorial category. A friend of mine has put up some pictures on their web site. She isn't a quilter yet but after the show, she might have a try.

http://www.icefairy.com/lj/nec/

As well as the winning the prize, which is great, I also sold one of my quilts. 'Tread lightly' it is the globe quilt on the above page. The lady who has bought it phoned me first think on Monday to confirm that I hadn't sold it to anyone else after promising it to her. I am so pleased it has found such a good home especially as I thought it would be really hard to place. Apparently it will sit on her dinning table.

I've also been asked to do a class on making sperical quilts. All in all a

very successful show.

Ferret

http://www.ferfab.co.uk/

Congratulations on your success, Ferret! One second place award and one piece sold - a truely successful event for you!

Your nude quilt is great and your globe a one of a kind object.

One of these years, I'm planing to come to Birmingham myself to visit the Festival of Quilts - have to coordinate this with a family summer vacation. After all, the UK is just around the corner from Germany - at least as compared to going to the US for a quilt show...

Keep up your great work.

Best, Birgit

Hi Birgit,

you should come along it is a great show, very friendly yet huge. Odd really now I think about it. There were a lot of people there from Europe, which I suppose isn't that surprising. However I also met several from Australia and New Zealand! Now that is what I call keen. I would say the show is now too big to do in a day. I was there for the whole event and I know there was a lot I missed.

Ferret

Wow! Sounds like a really fun time! Congratulations Ferret! I like your

projects! Cool quilting on your sphere - I am guessing that you quilted that

flat first and then assembled it? Very neat idea - LOVE the footprints!

what a view that would be!

Ferret - Thanks for the new link - Great blog! I thought you had stuffed

the globe - what an idea you had! Would love to see all of them hanging

in a display of the Solar System - that would be cool!

I happen to have a couple of those animal prints and liked to see them on

your project, how neat! The footprints are quilted on? I have to share this

photo at my quilt quild next meeting if that o.k. - I really like what you did!

Judi,

I am planning the rest of the Solar system, I think Jupiter will be next, although as I worked on Mars probes I would like to do that sooner rather than later. The fabrics had been bought for a theme piece, Wild Africa, but that didn't happen and they were perfect for this.

Feel free to show your guild, if you can direct them to my blog as well that would be great. I am in the process of writing a class and a pattern for the globe as there were so many requests at the show. I never expected it to be so popular. I think the pattern will be to fit a childs ball as this one is really pretty big to display in a house.

Ferret

Archived