buyer advice needed re: the Bliss system

I have never owned a long arm quilting machine, but I am on the hunt for one (new or used). From my recent research (greatly assisted by this forum!!), I think I am most drawn to the APQS Millie (it would have to be used - can't afford new), Green Lucey or Lenni. Here is my question: How much would you prioritize it being Bliss ready? At an additional $3000, I'm not sure that I would add the Bliss system. So should I only look for machines that are Bliss ready (add $1000 for the Bliss system - as opposed to $3000, for those machines not Bliss ready), or are some of the used machines operating without the Bliss system good enough for my purposes. (which are: I am a quilt artist, I only work on my own large pieces using free motion quilting - nothing computerized).

Would love to hear what some of you who are out there using your machines have to say. Would you love to be one step closer to using the Bliss system, or is your current setup fabulous the way it is - even if there is a newer, "better" system out there???

Hi Clare

Having used a Millennium in the standard table since 2000 and having just recently upgraded, I can say the difference in how smoothly and precisely machines move on Bliss is like night and day. If you can, buy a machine with a Bliss table - you will not be sorry.

Perhaps you can buy a Green Milli on a Bliss table from APQS.

As Joyce said the Bliss is new this year. I've had my milli since 2008 and I've loved her. I did upgrade to edgerider wheels and I felt like it was a good investment. It is time to change the wheels again so I've got the new M&M wheels and I've heard only good things about that upgrade and you don't have to upgrade to the Bliss wheels. I did try the Bliss at Houston and it is very smooth. There was a vibration though and I'm not sure that is normal or not but I did notice it. The bottom line is if you get a used milli now (really good deals out there like Mary Beth's just reduced to 11,000 I think) you can always upgrade later. It is a fantastic machine and it is a workhorse. I think if I were you I would concentrate on the features that you want in your machine and can't do without and then go from there. Good luck with your decision.

Archived