MQX ready or not. LOL

Originally posted by LibbyG

I'll be in the maintenance class on Wednesday. What classes did you pick?

LOL I am taking 4

Monday Wholecloth Design with Irena Bluhm

Tuesday The Magic of color with Irena Bluhm

Wed. AM Quilting Feathers when you a chicken with Dawn

Cavanaugh

Wed. Pm Backgrounds Galore with Cathy Franks

Going to be a very busy 3 days but full of a lot of fun!

I went the last 2 years, and just came back from Houston a few weeks ago. I'm afraid I won't be able to make it this year due to lack of vacation days and lack of funds. But, something may change, so hopefully I will figure out a way to go, too. I had such a good time and learned lots from the instructors. And, best of all, I got to spend time with so many terific quilters from the foum.

Originally posted by sandradarlington

I went the last 2 years, and just came back from Houston a few weeks ago. I'm afraid I won't be able to make it this year due to lack of vacation days and lack of funds. But, something may change, so hopefully I will figure out a way to go, too. I had such a good time and learned lots from the instructors. And, best of all, I got to spend time with so many terific quilters from the foum.

I understand Sandara, I couldn't go last year do to a lack of funds. I also just back from Houston but it was hubby's idea to go this year. LOL I can't wait to take my classes.

Penny...How did we miss each other in Houston?

If my quilt business picks up, I might be able to go, but at the last minute I may have trouble getting a hotel and classes. The last 2 years I booked everything very early, so had no trouble getting what I wanted.

So, if I don't go this year, I hope to go next year.

Hi Sandra and everyone,

I know a lot of people frown upon this and I did it anyway. For the period of November 15 through January 15th I offered a percentage off the quilting sale for that designated period of time. From having but very few quilts on hand to do, I now have more than enough to keep me busy through what is usually a slump after the holidays.

Also, if you know there is a class you want to take at MQX, sign up for that one and if time and funds allow later, add others. The hotel will not penalize you for cancellation and does NOT take a deposit on your credit card when you make a reservation. I know this happens at other shows but I have specifically negotiated this into our contract. Well, within reason........ I believe it is 48 hours notification of cancellation.

We'll miss you Linda but I understand that having the West coast show virtually in your back yard is worth waiting for.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Janet-Lee

Archived