does this sound spammy?

Doodlebug,

Your instincts are correct! Do not respond, delete and then block the email address in hotmail. There are several different spins on this going around, not only in the quilting world but other arts and crafts areas - as my sister, who is an artist, got something similar to have her finish some drawing someone started. It was really weird.

When we moved we listed our used boxes on Craig's list. We got one response and the person wanted to pay more than what we were asking. My DH said we would not hold them until we had $$. Well about a week later we got an email saying the secretary made the check out for $2000 and would we mind if he sent the check and we would send back the difference....SCAM all the way. Anyway by then we had sold the boxes to a person who came with cash in hand. So my DH told him they were sold, which they were. We were only asking $100 for the boxes.

Someone "overpaid" me in money orders (I think it was an ebay sale) and wanted me to return the overpayment. The money orders looked very legit. But is sounded suspicious.

I took them to the bank to verify, they didn't know if they were legit or not.

So I took them to Wal-Mart, which is where they were purchased. The personnel there did not know either. They called in their supervisor....still not sure. So they tracked the numbers for me through the computer and found that the same money orders had been cashed about 2 weeks earlier.

Archived