tension assembly unit

Terri C.

I'm trying to put on the clear side panels but for the life of me I can't get the tension assembly out. I know I have the screw out far enough as it was completly out and I still could not budge the thing am I missing another screw someplace or is there a trick to getting it out?

This is taking way to long, I can't get the unit out on one side and on the other side I have to drill 2 holes on the new clear part as I have the auto bobbin winder and there are no holes to put it back on :( And this is not even Monday!!

I still have not been able to get it out. I'm not sure if it's just really tight because it's the first time taking it out or if it's something else. I'm going to call APQS today for help, I don't want to do any damage better safe than sorry.

I did send an e-mail to Dave & Jane on the other plate missing the holes I need. She called to let me know Dave was checking into this, I was going to just drill the holes myself but then seen they were actually threaded. :( So the project I thought would take 15 minutes at the most is now going into days:mad: LOL Guess it's my turn to have a few days of learning patience, so far so good!!!:)

Well I got it out!!!:):) Just had to do some little wiggles up, down, back & forth while pulling gently but with all my might and it FINALLY came out, put a little oil on my finger then ran it around the case before I put it back in and it just slipped in like a knife going thru butter (soft butter that is;)) I now have one side of my clear view panels on, they are just so neat, love to see the insides working.

Terri,

Thanks so much for your input and information!!! And we want to really thank you for bringing the problems you were having to our attention!!! We now know to ask if there is a bobbin winder on the side and where to drill the holes, due to your help!!!

Our Millie is a 2008 and we do not always know what some of the earlier models may of had on them - so if anyone has a problem - let us know and we will do our best to solve the issue.

Dave & Jane

Archived