What APQS takes to shows

Hi Janice,

If you have a rep close to you, email to see if they carry bits and pieces to sell. Otherwise, I recently heard that APQS had changed their prohibitively-expensive minimum shipping charge so maybe you can stock up without it hurting!

(My advice? Keep on hand--fuses, a bobbin assembly--a bit of cash but vital on a weekend with a deadline quilt on the frame--an extra bobbin case, a couple of pigtails, and a needle bar set screw. Someone recently advised as well that if your anti-backlash spring is worn enough to affect the stitches, go ahead and just get a whole new case. If the spring is shot, chances are the case is wearing as well. Keep that one as a spare or to use with magnetic bobbins with the worn spring removed.)

I agree, Sheri, that would be great for us, but setting up retail sales at a show is expensive.

You need a body to man the register and figure a way to take credit cards and have a bank for the cash sales. Plus the labor for picking and shipping the bits and pieces and bags for packaging!

It is probably not worth the small profit they might make so I imagine that is why APQS doesn't offer parts at shows.

Here's a suggestion--if someone is headed to a show, try to find out if a local rep is helping in the booth and if they offer backup parts for sale. Maybe they will be willing to transport those parts to the show if they are contacted beforehand.

Janice,

There's a very good reason why they can't sell items at the show, but I can't remember what Amy Anderson Stuart told me when I asked the same question at MQX . Just another senior moment.

Superior threads always have needles to sell.

Thanks, Libby. I thought Superior sold them. After reading the various threads about the needles when the change was made, I was more confused about what the new needles were, and thought I'd get them from someone who knew which was the right one. I'll try Superior when I buy thread.

Archived