Looking at a 2003 Millennium

Robyn

I'm new to this forum. I have read everything I can on different brand and sizes of long arms and frames. I'm ready to purchase and looking at a used, from original owner, 2003 Millennium for $8000. Comes with all the standard equipment and supplies. Owner had not purchased any of the optional items at the time. I'm considering driving the 2 hrs to try it. Is this a fare price if there are no issues with it?

Robyn (Calif)

Yes it is.

Especially if it comes with the power advance, which I think was standard with this year.

Try it out if you can and ask for the maintenance records to compare with the number of quilts she has done.

These machines are made to last for years and if well maintained that is a good price.

Plus you can pick it up yourself so no shipping charges.

If you decide to jump in, help with the break-down so you can put it back up without anxiety.

And welcome to the forum, Robyn!

I have a 2003 Millie. I love it. Check what hopping foot it has. I bought mine used and the foot wasn't thick enough to do ruler work. I had to later change out the hopping foot with the help of my dealer for $200.

There is a little plastic attachment APQS sells for the thinner feet, but I never liked it.

Welcome to the forum, Robyn! It looks like you've done lots of research on long arm machines. I would definitely ask to give it a test drive and get a feel for how it moves. Check it doing some freehand straight lines, loops etc, just to see that the movement is smooth. This also seems like a fair price to me. Check also when it was last serviced, and how much use the machine has had, and if there have been any problems with it. As Linda said above, these machines are strong and last for years with correct care and maintenance.

If you decide to go ahead with the purchase, do let us know - we are all here to help where we can!

Robyn, if the machine doesn't move as easily as it should, the wheels probably need to be replaced. You could order some M&M wheels from APQS and replace the old ones before you reassemble the machine.

You also easily move the light bar behind the needle bar to give you better visibility. I've done this on my 2006 Millie.

BTW, this is a GREAT price for a Millennium! :) Even more so if the Auto Fabric Advance is included.

Archived