Stitching In The Ditches

Gosh!! Thank you all for the great information and feedback! Like Joan said, it feels like we are reading major research paper here! I truly thought there must be some set guidelines about when and where to SID. Most of the quilts I do for others are "Blue Collar" quilts and requre only E2E or simple overal, which I am good with:P. I haven't developed clients that are show participants. I have never entered any of my own quilts in a show either, but am looking forward to that perhaps in the near future. We, here in the Pacific Norhwest have so many very talented quilters it's somewhat intimidating to think of going up against any of their work! I definately suscribe to the galloping horse practice!

I'll be getting new threads to try and continure to PPP. Hiedi is completely correct about seams not being pressed correctly causing havoc with SID! It just throws everything off and out of the ditch because the ditch disappears when the seam isn't in the correct position. I will try a smaller template as well, could be the one I use is too large as it wanders some on me and I just can't stay in the ditch when using it, thanks for that tip!

Shanna, fantastic quilt, thanks for sharing the example of when not to SID!

Again, thank you all!

Shar

Thanks everyone for answering my question about doing SID on a jelly roll quilt. I suggested to my friend that an all over design would work great and she agreed.

Most of the time I just read and learn a lot from all of you. I need to get brave and start quilting all of the tops I have ready to go. I have been practicing on muslin for a long time now. I don't want to say how long. I am not usually afraid to just jump in.

Thanks,

Sabrina

Archived