Digitizing Workshop at CQ's new home

quiltersuz

:) Announcing a New Home for CompuQuilter. S&D Stitches is moving into a new facility. In addition to better manufacturing facilities, the new building will include a showroom and a well-equipped training center. We anticipate that Workshops will begin early December 2006.

Now you?ll be able to take classes at the home of CompuQuilter. The first workshop to be offered will be Digitizing for CompuQuilter. There are many misconceptions about digitizing. This 3-day intensive workshop will cover simple and effective techniques to have you digitizing quickly and easily. Your questions will be answered and the great mysteries of the digitizing universe will be solved. You will learn to use 3-point arc and fitted curve polyline tools, AutoSketch for CQ, methods of preparing artwork for digitizing, how to digitize all of CQ?s design categories, and advanced techniques. You?ll know how to work with CQ?s command file conversion program, how to convert Statler designs for use with CQ, and much more. Each student attending classes in the Training Center will receive a new Digitizing Course Book and have a computer provided for their use. The instructor?s computer is connected to a data projector and large screen so students can easily follow the digitizing lessons. When it?s time to stitch designs and learn more about CQ?s features, students will use the new Showroom. It is being equipped with A-1, APQS and Nolting quilting machines connected to CQ, so you can work with the system you have . . . or want to have. S&D Stitches is fully committed to CQ users by providing them with comprehensive training so they can develop their skills as computerized quilters and digitizers. This workshop will benefit anyone interested in digitizing and quilting with CQ. Dealers, CQ owners, wanna-be owners and designers will all gain helpful knowledge. You don?t have to be an

engineer, architect, draftsman or graphic artist to become a designer of computerized quilting designs. Every longarm quilter has doodled both on paper and on fabric. Learn how to convert your original doodles and art to computerized quilting designs. For more information and updates, contact the instructor for this workshop directly. Suzanne Moreno has digitized and professionally converted hundreds of designs for CompuQuilter. She combines her background in teaching with her love of digitizing and quilting with CompuQuilter to offer this workshop for you.

Suzanne Moreno :cool:

CQ Digitizing Workshop Instructor

cqdigi@charter.net

Hi Suzanne,

I already responded to Joann earlier but I must tell you this is too great.

I hope all the CQ owners and wanta be owners take this opportunity to learn and fully use their CQ at levels they never imagined. I know I want to learn this and I think others will too. Can't wait to what learning is ahead of all us.

Wow this knowledge will open up so many ideas for everyone. I'm very excited about.

Can't wait to take the classes. Looking forward to finding out the schedule of when. Besides Arkansas is home to much of my family. It is a beautiful state to travel to. The folks are very friendly there. They have a way of making you feel really welcomed.

See! I told you all to be patient, that help was on it's way. ;)

Thanks to Suzanne for pushing so hard to get a comprehensive training course put together. I know everyone will be "gobbsmacked" (aussie term) by what Suzanne is going to teach you! And BIG BOUQUETS to Stan & DeeDee for making such a huge investment in the future of CQ and their commitment to everyone of us who owns this great system.

Thank you Darlene, for these kind words and your support. I'm just excited about helping the wonderful CQ people out there to eliminate the mystery and confusion about digitizing. Whether you are a CQ Dealer, Designer, Owner or wanna be owner, you won't be disappointed with what you'll learn. Digitizing really is simple, easy and fun. S&D Stitches is very committed to their customers and this new facility is an investment for all of us. I join you in thanking Stan and Dee Dee for making this possible (but I don't have a collection of cute animated gif files like you do - this smiley ball with flowers really makes you smile . . . its super Darlene)

My Best to Everyone,

Suzanne Moreno

Digitizing for CompuQuilter Instructor

cqdigi@charter.net

Hi,

Visited with Dee Dee and Stan today at Market. Had a great visit. They are truely really wonderful folks. If you go be sure and share your excitement about having these classes with Suzanne. I can hardly wait until I get my turn. lolol

Everyone have a good week. The Quilt Market is alot of fun and alot of work too.

Pooped out!!!

More classes next week. I have learned alot of good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Suzanne for detailed Course discription and WOW WOW WOW.

This Course is going to be Awesome. She must have put alot of time in preparing this 3 day class. CQ and AUTOSketch seem to be completely covered. It is just unbelieveable the amount of information it appears we will have at the end of these 3 days. I cannot wait to do this.

Darlene, you mentioned you have trained with her before so tell me is it going to be as awesome as I think it is?

I think that anyone who wants to learn how to digitize for CQ and learn how to use their system creatively should really think about taking this Workshop because it is SUPER impressive what we are about to learn.

Hi Pam,

This is Grammie Tammie. I don't know if these classes will be set up at a later date for other locations or not as that is a Suzanne question but you should email her if you haven't already and get on her mailing list if your interested.

She will send you all the information. I know it would be nice to have this training close to home and who knows but the Training Facility has all different machines with CQ set up to stitch out your creations as well as Overhead screen for quality viewing of instructions for the best learning. I am making room in my budget as I feel it will be the best $$$$ I have spent since my purchase of the APQS/CQ system. For what I believe I will walk away from I'm getting a real bargain. I will sure let you know once I have completed the course. I have lots of my own designs that I am anxious to Put on a real quilt and call my own.

After reading the Course outline I am thrilled about this opportunity. I also think it will be neat to be at the Home of CQ as we can talk with the owners and learn more about what's in store for the future of CQ. Computers and all needed material is being provided so even someone who just wants to learn digitizing can really benefit from this class. I do hope to see you there.

Best Wishes to ya,

I noticed she hadn't had time to check in on your question so good luck to you. Where there is will there is a way!!!

Hi Pam :),

Boy it was a busy day so I'm just now getting a chance to write this answer to you. Thank you for your patience and interest in the workshop. Right now I'm concentrating on offering the Digitizing for CompuQuilter Workshop at CompuQuilter's new home and Headquarters in Arkansas. Since S&D Stitches (Stan and Dee Dee - owners of CQ) has made an investment in a 3000 square foot building to house new manufacturing facilities, a training center and a showroom, I am scheduling classes there. With both the training center and showroom, we will have an ideal learning environment for digitizing and learning how to use CQ's features. This workshop teaches you how to digitize for CQ and how to use CQ's amazing features creatively. By blending both topics, I truly believe you will think outside the box about designs . . . and that's where the real fun starts !! You'll know how to digitize all the design categories CQ runs, then we'll stitch them on fabric so you can get an eye for good digitizing vs. not so good digitizing. We will use some of the most innovative, professionally digitized designs in the world to show you how to fully use CompuQuilter's features to custom place designs where you want them on a quilt. I have to stop myself . . . I love what I do and I could go on . . . . and on . . . . as some of you know LOL :P

I've worked hard to design a comprehensive workshop to knock your socks off, so it would be a blast to see you in class. :) :) :) If you want a detailed description of what you will learn, please send me an email. Digitizing for CompuQuilter is simple, fun and very creative. If you think its hard or you won't get it, think again. You will learn to digitize and you will learn how to really use your CQ . . . and you will have fun. ;) BONUS: Stan and Dee Dee will also be there. How cool is that? ;)

All the best to you,

- Suzanne Moreno :cool:

cqdigi@charter.net

Hi Tammie,

Thank you for answering Pam before I got a chance to. That was real nice of you. I just know you're gonna be a fire ball with digitizing. You're already doing some really nice quilting. I can tell it will be fun to have you in this workshop. :)

- Suzanne Moreno

cqdigi@charter.net

Archived