Vertical Channel lock is not engaging

Help!

Has anyone ever had their vertical channel lock just simply not engage? Is there an adjustment that I can make somewhere? This is the first time this has ever happened and I'm trying to stitch the line acoss the top on the backing and batting so that I can float the top

Guest Linda S

Vertical, or horizontal? Across the top would be horizontal. Anyway, if it's the vertical one, in a pinch, you can just put a clamp on the rail. Actually, you could probably do that for the horizontal one too. Hope you get it fixed!

Susan

The first thing to check is try the switch on the rear handle to see if it works. If not check the connector to the channel lock and make sure it is tight. Look at the wire right at the channel lock and see if it is broken. Look at the spring and see if it is cockeyed (compare to other channel lock) and holding the plunger from moving. If it is just sticky you can undo the little nut and screw and take out the plunger and make sure it is clean inside and out. I did have to change a mechanism on our machine but Amy says that is pretty rare.

Let us know how you make out.

Nigel

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the info. It was the horizontal movement, but the book that I have calls it the vertical. Didn't make much sense to me either. My husband came home right after I posted this, so I got him on it too. I had tried clicking the back side one, and it didn't work for me. He had me stand at the front and click it, and it never made the noise, or the connection, then asked me to come around back and click that one again. This time it took. I don't think he made any adjustments. I had turned it off and back on a couple of times. I had already tried to find it in the book that I have, and had no luck with that. Anyway, I'm going to save this for future reference. I use my channel locks often, just for loading and for keeping the quilt square as I stitch down the sides as I advance the quilt.

Thanks heaps!

Susan

Archived