If you have Millie, Intelliquilter and Edge Riders....

Hi Everyone, I am trying to find out if my edge riders are installed properly. If you have a Millennium and the Intelliquilter please look from the front of the machine head at the Edge Rider wheels. Do they all have a nut on top of the screws that go through the ER's? I have been on the ER site and cannot tell by the pictures. Some of my wheels have only the screw sticking up and I wonder if this is correct. I don't see how they are adjustable the way they are. Thanks in advance! Sheridan

Sheridan, when looking at the machine from the front, only the 2 wheels on the left have the nuts on top which are the adjusting cams. The wheels on the right don't. the way the adjustment works is you turn the cams either closer or further away from the rail and this will either tighten up the wheels or loosen them based on where the offset of the cam is. All 4 wheels do not need to be adjusted, just one on each of the axles.

You can email me privately tomorrow if you need help with adjusting. Or you can contact your dealer who did the install.

For anyone who finds this in future: On the newer(est?) machines, the ones that came with the M&M wheels, there are NO adjusting cams on the left or right of the axles connected directly to the head, there are only ones on the single axle connected to the carriage on the freehand side of the machine. If that made any sense :) I got my machine the first week of June 2011, and was told that this was how they'd be doing it from now on.

Archived