Panto idea

Hope someone can help me remember where I saw the panto organizing idea I think it was Ardelle's idea about tracing pantos and putting them in a notebook. That was such a good idea so I can tell what the pattern will look like on a quilt but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Nan

I saw it too, can't remember where but this is what I'm doing:

3 ring notebook

1 box staples clear sheet protectors

Sharpie

I've traced all my pantos onto the sheet protectors and organized them according to the size/price. I have 3 categories (ABC - large medium dense)- used tab dividers to identify, and wrote the name of the panto and the category on the white edge of the sheet protector. The category is important to put on the sheet itself so that when it's removed to try on a quilt I know which category to return it to. I love this - it has been very well received by customers.

Hope this was helpful!

Thanks everyone that's the thread and Kimberly that's what I had in mind. I am on my way to the store to do get the stuff. I tried the plexi glass with erasable markers and that didn't work too good because the pattern isn't dark enough. This is a great idea and can't wait to get it done. Thanks again everyone happy quilting!!!! I just love love love this forum so many great ideas and thanks Ardelle for the great instuctions.

Since my frame is only 11 feet long, I simply cut off a piece of the panto and put them in the sheet protectors in a binder. I bought the "legal" size binder and sheet protectors so I could put a larger section of the panto into it. I also wrote the price per square inch on each panto so the customer would know right from the start what I would charge.

I put the pantos in sections and marked them Christmas, Winter, Baby, Leaves, etc, so they were in some sort of cluster order. In the beginning section I put some of my business info and things in general that my customers might want to know. The book often is passed around during guild meetings, so the easier it is for people to understand, the better it is for me.

I keep extra sheet protectors in the back and I bring dry erase markers. If a customer wants a better idea of which panto, I can simply trace it on the plastic sleeve and remove it from the binder and lay the plastic on her quilt top. She can get a much better idea of how it will look this way.

Wow, thanks for sharing the great way to show panto's and also be able to view it on a quilt!! This is something I am definitely going to do. Thank you for the great ideas, this is why I love to come to this web site, and share this love of longarm quilting!!!

Archived