MQX West Dinner-Getting There

I have been trying to work out how to get from the Convention Center to Paddy's at SW 1st and Yamhill for about 6:30PM on Thursday. I checked the Max schedule online and this is what I have come up with. I would appreciate it if someone familiar with Portland could let me know if this doesn't look right. I don't want to end up totally lost or to give out wrong information to anyone else that is new to the area.

Thanks in advance,

Sue

Trip Planner

Plan a Trip

CONVENTION CENTER (Portland) to Yamhill District MAX Station - Stop ID 8336 (Portland)

Option 1: Your best bet

No transfers, 14 minutes

Start at CONVENTION CENTER (Portland)

Walk west to Convention Center MAX Station

Stop ID 8376

About 1 minute - 0.02 miles

Light Rail MAX Blue Line to Hillsboro

6:19pm Depart Convention Center MAX Station

Stop ID 8376

10 minutes

6:29pm Arrive Morrison/SW 3rd Ave MAX Station

Stop ID 8381

Traffic into the Fair Complex/Hillsboro Airport Park and Ride rerouted onto a temporary roadway due to construction. Follow posted signs to enter and exit the Park and Ride.

Walk south east to Yamhill District MAX Station - Stop ID 8336 (Portland)

About 3 minutes - 0.14 miles

End at Yamhill District MAX Station - Stop ID 8336 (Portland)

Trip details

When Board at 6:19pm on 10/13/11

Time 14 minutes (including 4 minutes walking)

Transfers None

Fare This trip is within the Free Rail Zone, so no fare is required.

It is correct info. Paddy's is right next to the Max station heading east so when heading west from the convention center you get off on Morrison and 3rd and then walk a block or two south to Yamhill and 2 blocks east to 1st and you are there. Diregard the "Fair Complex" info that has nothing to do with downtown.

I will probably take my car so anyone wanting to go I'll be in class until 4pm but can go anytime after that. I am thinking 5:30 ish.

I would gladly take Max but not sure how late I can park in the convention center parking so plans may be flexible.

Thanks Lynda for the confirmation. It sounds as though there will be some decisions to be made about how everyone gets to Paddy's. I am in a class until 4:00PM too and then I intend to check out the show for an hour before it closes.

Hitomi, It sounds as thought it is safe to take the Max without getting lost!

Sue

Archived