ER or EZ Glide wheels??

Good morning Amie,

I don't know much about how Gammil machines move and such but I did get ER wheels for my mill (since switched to APQS new wheels) but the ER's made a huge difference in how my machine moved.

As for square feathers you wheels might be a little too tight or you have to work a little harder to make that machine go round. One way to practice is to go round and round as fast as you can in one direction until you finally see your circles getting rounder and rounder and then stacking on one another. Once you have that feel down then go counter clockwise. You will be amazed at how much of a difference this makes. Dave Jones taught me that not long after I got my machine and he was right it really does give you a good feel for how to make your machine do what you want!

Guest Linda S

Amie - is there any way you can try them out somewhere? Do you have a dealer or upcoming show near you? I liked my edgeriders, but I think I may have bobbled the installation a bit. I then bought the APQS M&M wheels and I absolutely adore them. I believe that Gammill came out with the EZ Glide wheels to mimic the new APQS wheels. Other than having heard that, I've not tried them, so I can't tell you the difference for sure.

Amie I have the EZ Glide wheels on my machine. My dealer put the EZ wheels on my old machine I liked them so well that when I upgraded to a bigger machine recently I had him install the EZ wheels again on my new machine instead of the New Gammill "Breeze" wheel system.

I've never had trouble with square corners even before the EZ wheels, but the machine did run noticeable smoother and easier, plus my micro detailed type quilting improved overnight. My friends with EZ wheels all like them too.

Call either Vern at Lakeside or Jack at Boersma's. They will gladly answer your ?'s about the wheels plus anything else ailing your gammill,

Good luck

Terry

Hi Amie, I bought a new to me 2002 Gammill Optimum Plus, it came with the original wheels. I upgraded to the EZ Glide wheels, they're fantastic! I can move the machine with my fingertips, so smooth and effortless. Check out the Gammill Yahoo group as well, tons of great information.

Archived