I need your ideas here!

I might be tempted to do a panto in the middle, piano key the striped sashing and cross hatch the large border.

Alternatively, something small all over in the patterned 'X", a medallion in each of the large 2 green squares (contrasting thread) CC the 2 small green squares, or feather the green - it will show nicely, and piano key the large border -contrast thread for the stripes? What will show in the stripes? or just do a free hand there?

Have fun!

Joanne Flamand, aka wannabelongarm

For some reason I'm seeing some of those beautiful feathers in the green, a twisty turny thingy in the square pinwheel flower, the stripe border is busy--yes to Joanne's piano key, and maybe a feather boa in the outer border to match the feathers in the green. And I don't even do feathers! I've seen some beautiful work on this forum...lots to glean from here.

Sylvia I don't know how much work you want to do on this quilt. I like the ideas of feathers in the green because those would really show. The small floral print remind me of whirlwinds (maybe that is just my life peeking through) but I would do something swirly in there. Piano Keys in the stripe and you could feather or crosshatch the outside. Of course if they aren't paying do an e2e :P.

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Would it just be a quilting error to do a panto in the body of the quilt and do something else in the borders????

Nope! You are the quilt master remember? LOL really some quilts just don't need more than that. I personally don't generally do that because I don't like to start and stop a panto within a border. I would do a freehand all over if I were going to do that. Maybe you can just do a freehand fill in the green area and then do the borders.

Archived