MonoPoly

I know a lot of people love the monopoly, but i have never been able to get it to work for me. I just tried the Invisafil thread that is 100 wt. I loved it. I think it would disapear on almost anything you tried it on, so I have been using it for SID. the only problem I've run into with it, is I did a scroll that I ended up not liking, so now I am trying to frog it. That's hard, cause I can't see it. I can only see the holes the needle made. :o, Invisafil comes in a lot of colors, but you would just see a hint of the color on your quilt.

Ditto on the invisible thread. Very loose--the tension discs don't even touch. Bobbin thread loose as well--I set mine to about 13 on the Towa gauge. Loose top as well. I use Monolon mostly now, but have had good results with Monopoly in the past. The latest Superior newsletter says they have tweaked the Monopoly--less shine in the clear and less dark on the smoke color.

Okay, Linda R, question for you, I have monolon and have been requested to quilt 2 quilts with it. I just skinned the first quilt and am ready to redo it in my monolon but am having a dickens of a time getting my tension to even out. I am using Warm and White batting at customer's request. I only have a 3.5 needle do you use a 3.0? I think I may have my bobbin tension too tight I will double check when I get home. Thanks for your input or anyone else who can answer this question.

Archived