Can I raise my roller bars?

I posted this in CHAT ABOUT ANYTHINGalso....but wanted to ask in a couple of spots.....thanks for any help you can give me!

Hi. This may be a stupid question....can I raise my quilt top roller and take up roller....when I have the extended base on it bumps into them and the space I have to quilt isn't as big as my biggest circle template that I want to use....so I get non circular circles....this is driving me crazy!! If I can raise them...will someone tell me how??? I have a Millenium w/ 14 foot rails just purchased new in Feb....

Yes you can raise your rollers. You will want to raise the quilt top roller and perhaps the quilt leveler bar. Not your take up roller.

First check to see how high your quilt leveler bar is. You should be able to (from the back) slide your finger tip to the first knuckle no height. See photo; http://news.webshots.com/album/528348220SdUfag

For your quilt top roller take off end bolt of roller remove roller and unscrew to the height you want. You should only need to raise it about a quarter inch.

Myrna

• 3 months later...

Hi Cathey

Just jumping in here to answer for Myrna (don't think she;d mind) You need to remove the leveler bar so that you can wind up those joints. Make sure you have both up and equal distance before replacing the bar.

Best wishes

sue in australia

I don't mind at all Sue. How are you? I was great to see you last month.

Sue is correct Cathey, You can do it. Have your husband Hull the end by the power advance feed and you unscrew the other end and slip it out. Raise the leveler and replace roller bar.

If you get stuck give em a call.

Myrna

My husband is gone (again). Myrna and Sue, you both come do it and I'll make you some tea. :)

I was looking at the manual and it seems to me that if I balance one end of the roller bar on my shoulder while I adjust the level of the hyme thing, that would work and I wouldn't have to remove the bar. Then I could do the same for the other end. I was concerned about banding up the sewing head. But this is all moot anyway. My new leveler bar is coming tomorrow (sometime this week anyway) and I'll just do it then. :)

Archived