price for attaching binding with LA

I charge by the linear foot. All prices includes trimming the quilt, cutting and sewing strips together for straight grain binding, stitched to the quilt (first pass). Finishing as follows

$3.50 for hand finishing, $2.50 for machine finishing and $2.00 just to stitch it to the front so the customer may finish any way she likes. And I don't make it very well known that I will do any option 'cause I hate doing it.

$30 to $40 depending on the size. This is just sewing it on the front with the invisible join done on the frame. I don't offer the hand-stitching on the back, but I do recommend a friend who will do it for about $40.

I have gotten efficient at doing this after experimenting and I enjoy the process. Takes about 30 minutes for most sizes and maybe 45 for a king. Warn your customers though that the binding applies as-found. If the quilt isn't square, it gets bound with the edges untrimmed and unsquare. And my price does not include cutting/prepping the binding strips. About one in eight customers will opt for this service from me.

I don't bind on the LA, but I do offer this service and do it on my Bernina. I charge by the linear inch. $.10 to make the binding and machine stitch it to the quilt - either side they want it on. $.20 to machine stitch it to the back, fold it to the front and machine stitch it to the front using a decorative stitch - usally a feather stitch; $.25 to machine stitch it to the front, and hand stitch it to the back.

Archived