Business Insurance

I don't have liability (it's spendy, eh?).

I decided not to get liability because it's rare that I have anyone coming to my home for quilt drop or pick up. I usually meet them in town some place. And contrary to other quilters, I do not have a backlog of quilts hanging at my house. I might have 2 or 3 trickling in at a time....so... I get them in, I get them on, I get them off, I get them out. :)

Originally posted by quilted charm

Well, I was just looking over our house insurance policy because it went up over $500.00 in one year. The only reason they gave was: too many applications for credit, too many credit cards with low credit limits, and unusual requests for credit!. REALLY? The only new credit I got in the last 24 months ( that's 2 years by the way) is my card for my business. It's one card! And why would a low credit limit have anything to do with my insurance policy anyway? I think I'm going to do some insurance shopping this week. Really, it's darned if you do and darned if you don't when it comes to credit.

Leslie

I was just re-reading this whole insurance thread and....it occurred to my devious mind...are you sure no-one has used your name to get credit cards? Can you go back to the insurance co. and ask what they base this 'judgement' on. Don't want to worry you but just in case, it may be worth following up. Can't think why else they would claim too many credit cards and unusual requests for credit - sounds a little fishy to me. Hope all is OK

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

I don't have liability (it's spendy, eh?).

I decided not to get liability because it's rare that I have anyone coming to my home for quilt drop or pick up. I usually meet them in town some place. And contrary to other quilters, I do not have a backlog of quilts hanging at my house. I might have 2 or 3 trickling in at a time....so... I get them in, I get them on, I get them off, I get them out. :)

This is what I'm also doing.....no walk in customers. Just what I need one to fall down my stairs. And yes I reopened in November.

Archived