How to post picture with your name?

Got it.... The computer geek (me) figured it out.

You have to have your Signature photo online somewhere

online. I put mine on www.photobucket.com And you have

to know the url address for that .jpg file

On APQS forum:

Control Panel/Edit Profile (upper right corner of forum page)

In the Signature block, at the top, enter:

< img src="http:// your url here .jpg" >

REMOVE the space before img and the space after .jpg

I put the spaces in so you could see the code.

And there you are.

Hay qfairy:)

After 6 tries, I finally sent my pic to TAD at APQS, & asked him to do it for me. Tad got me up there in no time, & I beleive quite a few people have gone the same route.

If I could find a "good" newer pic of myself, I would get him to change it, but I tend to be the one taking the photo's so I'm never in them.

It will be nice to put a face to your name ;)

Here is the resizing info that I sent Qfairy::)

I also put in the info you need to post pic's from your p.c. onto this forum.

First find the pic you want in your my "My pictures" file.....

left click on it......

then click on "EDIT" that will get you into "PAINT" ...........

at the top of the screen click on "IMAGE",

then click " STREACH" change both numbers from 100 to 50 .......

click "OK" then click on "FILE", click "SAVE AS" .....

type the word "EDIT beside what ever file name thats there,........(if you don't do this your orginal pic will be changed)

click save.....

click the red "X" at the top right,

now do that for all the pic's you want to post.

Now that that's done.........you must be either be in a "topic" or a "reply" box

You ned put a few words into the "Subject" box at the top of your post...........

type in any info you want the rest of us to know about the photo you are posting...........

now at the bottom of your post you will find "Browse" click on it , that should take you to your "My Pictures" files.........

then find the pic's you made smaller,......double click on the first one.(you can only put one pic in at a time)..........

then at the bottom click " Post ".........now that should get you the first pic onto the post.............

ok now for the second pic.........scroll down to the bottom of the page, at the right, in a blue box, click on "reply" ........that gets you a new post for your next pic....type some thing into the "subject"box at the top...........then go to "Browse" , then find photo #2 double click on it, click post...........do this last part for as many pic's as you want to show, each one must have it's own post box.

This will only work for pic's on your p.c , it will no work for photos's on the internet.

Hay Jim, if you need info on a subject, you could try the "search" button at the top of each page of this forum, once you click on search, just type in a word or two to describe the info you are looking for, in this case you would type in smaller pictures, or resize photo's, keep trying other words that best describe what you are looking for, everyone on this forum has asked the same questions that you have & all the answers are still there in the old threads.

I hope that dosen't sound to bossy,

happy to have another newbie to chat with :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived