May Birthday Block Exchange

CherylUribe

Guidelines:

-Everyone is invited to participate!

-Please commit to this exchange in good faith. We trust and honor you! In exchange please do so in return and follow through with your commitment to make blocks!

-This exchange is Even Steven. You will receive as many blocks as you send.

Receivers:

-Find your Birthday month thread (example: if your birthday in in June, list under the June Birthday Block Exchange post)

- Post your Birthdate

- Color(s) if you have a preference

-Block size if you have a preference

-Block pattern will be the choice of the maker

-Fabric If you have a preference (batik, silk, rayon, 100% cotton etc)

-If you want the block signed, dated etc.

-How you would like to receive. You may not want to post your address. Post: "email me for my address" or something like that.

-Additionally email your info. to Vicki at: dancingstitcher@mac.com for the private master list. She will add you and email you a copy.

-When you have received enough blocks please post on this forum under your birthday month and let Vicki know so she can update the master list.

-Quilt should be finished before your next birthday.

-Photo of finished quilt should be posted here for us to all enjoy!

-Receivers of blocks must reciprocate

Makers:

-Please use quality fabric

-Fabric must be pre-washed

-Send blocks anytime before receivers birth date.

-If desired, include index card with your info. for your returned block.

This sounds like lots of fun... Include me... My birthday is May 20th.

I'm open to anything but silks... love all sorts of colors... think this would be the interesting part, to see what everybody else likes... would like them signed and dated, with city and state. I do think all blocks should be same size though... 10 1/2

I am not sure I understand everything just yet.... like which month should I make blocks for??? Let the fun begin.:D

I would like "in" too! My bday is May 12. I like cotton and I love "earthy" colors...... Size....10 1/2 would be great! I promise to send you all one too for your birthday. Please email me for my address: summerhillcustomquilting@gmail.com

Thanks everyone. This will be fun.

Annette

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sewingupastorm: Just sent you an updated copy of the list. Unfortunately my server is in Denver and appears to be snow bound. All yesterday's and this morning's emails aren't going out.

Linda Fritchen's BD is in January and she wants blocks in any of three sizes, 6.5, 9.5, or 12.5 and in colors pink, burgundy, sage green, brown cotton, sign/date, any pattern. This will get you started.

Sue Urich is 8 Jan and she wants 6.5 Ohio Star in vintage colors good with muslin. Hopefully, the list will get to you before too long.

Vicki

• 4 months later...

Archived