an OMG why'd I take this one on quilt!!!

Because it was a prize I offered at our quilt show... lesson learned!

So, I do believe that EVERY quilt and QUILTER deserves a "chance", however some are more of a challenge than others...

I'm taking a little break, as this one's making me a bit crazy... not enough backing, poorly pieced, folded over seams, thick intersections, edges coming open, etc!!! So, my goal on this type of quilt is to "nail down" all seams and intersections so they don't come apart over time... I did a funky meander to accomplish that, and in the "plain" blocks a funky crosshatch. It's going fairly fast although taking a break and getting some water and refreshed, helps tremendously!!!

Here's some pics...

post--13461908047879_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

LOL :P You're kidding, right? That looks like it was made by one of my better piecers! :D At any rate, I feel your pain. I've had some real doozies in my time. Looks like you're taming it rather well.

Thanks, only a couple more rows to go...

I always "hate" what I do until it's done... then I love it... I do think I made the right choice for this one... it's for this lady's grandson, so it should hold together pretty well... Lots of unseen seems and really thick intersections... couple of broken needles and shredded thread... I'll be happy to take this one off the machine today!

It's a sunny day and I'm a happy girl!

Archived