Thimbleberries 2007 BOM

I had made the thimbleberries 2007 BOM and had it in a tote waiting to be done. Since i need a wedding gift, a late one at that and no one in my family cares for the style, I have never quilted it. I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any pictures, I was unable to locate any on webshots. It is the quilt with the hearts on the top left and the house. I will try to post a picture later today, my camera is dead and the top needs ironed anyway.

Suggestions would be appreciated. I have decided to go out of my comfort zone and try something new, so looking for ideas.

TIA

Shirley

Though I don't care for the style of Thimbleberries quilts, I love to quilt them!! They are perfect for CC's and Line Dancing and always have something that you can experiment with. These are nice because they seldom call for dense stitching--friendly and soft is the way to go.

Stitch siding on the house and shingles on the roof. Medium stipples work for the busy border and spacer blocks. I usually try to find a thread color that works on all the fabrics. Gold is good as well as burgundy or dark blue. Have fun with it!

I have that one, too! I was so proud of myself for getting the top finished by the end of the club year. So that was 2007??? Well, surprise, I still haven't quilted it yet. :P

I was thinking of putting my house number on the door and adding flowers to the window boxes...but I haven't done that yet, either.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get to quilt it.

I did this in 2008 and you can see the pictures of all the blocks at www.webshots.com/user/victoriasews. I don't do feathers like that anymore but any way you do feathers will work. There are trees and potted plants in front of the house, shingles on the house, details in the flowers, feathers in the hearts. Just go to the webshots site and look under "Customer Quilts 1008".

Archived