HELP Bobbincam on panto side

We are trying to install our Bobbincam...have the underside done where you look at the underside of your quilt to view stitch quality..but we are having problems getting the camera to view the panto (back) side properly. We have tried several different mounting options..and they are either too far away (have tried focusing still not working) or it views at an angle distorting the design of the panto. So we were hoping that some of you may have a picture or two of how you did your camera.

By the way, we are trying to mount this on an Ult11 with Intelistitch regulator.

Any help would be appreciated....

Laura,

I originally started with my camera mounted to the side of my machine, up near the top but decided after working awhile with it there, it was too far away. Next I tried it on top and to the side of my stylus holder, was too close. Finally tried it on the underside of my thread stand on the back of the machine and it's perfect there. So, it's positioned about the middle of the height of my machine from the table top. I never used the velcro to place it on these "try it out sites". Instead I used painters tape until I found the best placement. I have an Innova, so not sure if this will be of any help to you.

If you turn the view screen around so it can be viewed from the back as you move the camera around, that should help you see what the panto looks like on the screen.

Debbie

Thank you for your response. I am still trying to get this set up. I hope that someone that has an Ult11 with Intelestitch might help?? We have the monitor and camera set up to view the underside of the quilt for stitch quality...we just need suggestions on how to get the camera set up to view the laser light as it follows pantos.

Laura: I have an Ult2 with IS that I've mounted the bobbin cam on. I mounted the second camera on my stylus mount. The problem for you is that I have a custom stylus mount. It's made of 3/4" square steel tubing, so one of the adhesive tabs Kevin provided with the system will stick to the bottom side. I don't do many pantos, and have not tried it out. I had to rotate the image in the monitor to get it to make sense to me as I moved the machine. Maybe you could clamp a flat piece to your stylus mount to hold the camera.

I don't think I've been much help. Jim

Archived