quilt shops in Los Angeles

We will have a 2 day stopover in Los Angeles on the way back to Australia from our youngest son's wedding in Peru. We will be there Thursday 15th and Friday 16th of March. I would love to visit a good patchwork fabric shop, if someone would kindly recommend one. Please include location as I have never been to L.A. before. We are probably staying in Annaheim?? Many thanks. Wendy Edwards

I have a dear friend in LA who opened The Quilt Cupboard in Garden Grove several years ago. She has a delightful shop and you will be sure of a very warm welcome there :)

Sorry though - I have NO idea where it is in relation to LAX or Anaheim. Check out her website http://www.thequiltcupboard.net/ - she has good directions posted on there.

If you do manage to get there - tell Sheri *HI!!!* and big hugs from Ani :)

There is a store called the Orange Quilting Bee at 628E Katella Avenue, Orange, www.orangequiltingbee.com. They are close to Disneyland. I am assuming that you will be visiting Disneyland as you are going to Anaheim! A little further away is Flying Geese, 307 El Camino Real, Tustin, www.flyinggeesefabric.com. Another is little up the road from Disneyland is The Calico House, 1279 E. Imperial Highway, Placentia, www.calicohousequilting.com.

I hope that you are not too exhausted and jet lagged to enjoy your visit. That is quite a trip!

Originally posted by Mrs.A

Thanks for asking this question, Wendy. I'll be in LA in 2 weeks and will try to swing down to Anaheim & Orange County to visit some of these shops. Save to Favorites!

I will add another store to my list. This one is about thirty minutes south from Disneyland. Probably too far for a quick stopover but OK if you will be around longer than Wilari Qltg. It is Sewing Party,23561 Ridge Route Road Suite F, Laguna Hills, CA 92653. wwwsewingparty.com. They stock a lot of Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler,Ty Pennington type fabrics. There is a location map on the website. The store is not visible from the street. It is in a light industrial complex towards the back.

Archived